You probably wouldn’t expect auto shops to be raising funds for breast cancer. But then, you might not know that a huge percentage of our customers, both at Concours Motors and Asian Autotech of Ventura, are women; especially mothers (many of whom are at the age where breast cancer is commonly discovered in women).
October is breast cancer awareness month, so we wanted to share a few facts from the National Breast Cancer Foundation (who we’ll be donating to) about this very common cancer:
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Helping women fight breast cancer is a very important to us, and we want to help as much as we can. Both Concours Motors and Asian Autotech will donate $100 per shop for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Here’s what you can do:
Come in to either shop this month and let us put a (non-damaging) shop sticker on your car. For every sticker you place, we’ll donate $5 more dollars to breast cancer.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we hope you’ll get involved!